For those of you who want to make the most out of your iPhone 5, you might be looking forward to a Jailbreak. In order to perform the jailbreak, you are going to need an app like Yalu or Pangu. Take a look at this guide on how to jailbreak iPhone 5 to get started with.
Things to take care of before performing the Jailbreak
- Backup your device to iTunes and save all your photos, videos and apps
- Disable the passcode. If you don’t, it will not allow you to jailbreak your device
Jail breaking the iPhone 5
Here is how you can start the jailbreak:
- First, you must download any of the above-mentioned app in your device for performing the jailbreak
- Connect your device to your computer (Mac or Windows)
- Run the app and click on jailbreak
Whatever app you are using, in the middle of the jailbreak, it will notify you to tap on the evasion jailbreak icon, and then again the jailbreaking will continue. The process is going to take about 5 minutes and your device will restart automatically. After this, your device should be jailbroken. Now open your device, click on Cydia (which is going to be a directory of applications) and you now have the chance to use your Apple device to its full.
One important thing to mention here is that as soon as you jailbreak, it voids the warranty of your device. Jailbreak is a perfectly legal process as long as you do not use any code owned by someone else. You simply need a reputable free jailbreak app for handling this job well. Before starting the process, be sure you have the latest version of iTunes running on your device. Jailbreaking is not that hard, you just have to follow the instructions right.